Tuesday, October 25, 2016

drift through a Wormhole with New digital-truth Tech



What if you may experience the weightlessness of drifting in space, with out leaving the floor?
To attempt it out, I strapped on a virtual-truth (VR) headset and headphones today (March 13) right here at the South by means of Southwest Interactive convention. The demonstration offers humans a small taste of weightlessness through placing them in a chair filled with hydraulics while a VR headset transports them into the spaceship from the movie "Interstellar," just because it enters a wormhole that induces 0 gravity.
to begin with, the digital-reality headset made me woozy, and it got even worse after I turned my head too fast. however I quickly became immersed inside the virtual environment, and the wooziness subsided.
a few minutes into the simulation, as we entered the wormhole, a robotic narrator warned that we had been entering a zero-gravity surroundings. The hydraulics in my chair changed their stress and lowered the base of the chair, which did create a indistinct sensation of floating. Oddly, the feeling was strongest in my legs and arms, however my inner organs still felt like they were situation to standard old Earth gravity.

No comments:

Post a Comment